Where to investigate your ingredients!
At SUR Clean Skincare ®, we are committed to a health and safety standard that goes well beyond what is legally required in the United States. This includes chemicals banned or restricted in personal care products by the European Union, Canada, Japan and other countries as well as ingredients researched by our own team.
Some great resources to do your own ingredient investigation at home are The Environmental Working Group (EWG) and Cert Clean.
Keeping you and the planet safe!
Currently, we screen out hundreds of toxic ingredients to deliver products that are good for you, safe for the environment and engineered for effectiveness. We do our homework, so you don’t have to.
Our TOXIC TWENTY List is a robust roundup of the most commonly found health-hazardous skincare ingredients to avoid. Many of these ingredients can cause allergies, disruption to your metabolism, neurotoxicity, reproductive issues, organ toxicity and environmental damage.
Use this list to make sure what you’re using is safe.
- Benzalkonium Chloride
- Benzophenone / Oxybenzone
- BHA and BHT
- Carbon Black
- 1,4 - dioxane
- Ethanolamines or Nitrosamines (Cocamide DEA, Diethanolamine)
- Formaldehyde & Formaldehyde - releasing preservatives
- Lead and Other Heavy Metals
- Methylisothiazolinone and Methylchloroisothiazolinone
- Mercury and Mercury Compounds (Thimerosal)
- Parfum, Fragrance, Musk, or Synthetic Fragrance
- Petroleum Jelly or Mineral Oil
- Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, All-trans Retinoic Acid
Find out more. Stay up to date with our SUR Simply Sustainable Newsletter! Sign up FREE with your email.
Ingredients we LOVE
At SUR we take pride in making sure the ingredients we use are not only healthy for you but wont compromise the environment either. We took the time to carefully research the best ingredients to provide effective results. Check out the list below for some of our favorite ingredients we use in our products!
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Plant-Based Stem Cells
- Irish Sea Moss
- Vitamin E (Naturally-Derived Tocopherol)